Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PK Subban traded to Nashville for Weber

PK Subban traded to Nashville for Weber

Holy fuck they did it!!!

the last of the mohicans
    I couldn't care any less about hockey.. but what about his long term promise to donate that huge amount to the childrens hospital? Does he still do it even though he has to move to the u.s now?
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

That's a awesome trade! Weber is a monster, but I still can believe Nashville agreed to trade him.
    SuPeR 8

It looks like a fair trade. Subban is like a wild stallion, powerfull but unpredictable. As a man I wish him the best! But all this is probably a good move for the team.
    Some like it mild, I like it hot

november
    Doc was right about Subban. I am still in shock about the trade. My first reaction is I don't like the trade. P.K. Is three years younger. Even though I respect Weber a lot, very good player, he is on the back nine of his career. Hope it works out for both teams. But long term I think Nashville won this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Doc was right about Subban. I am still in shock about the trade. My first reaction is I don't like the trade. P.K. Is three years younger. Even though I respect Weber a lot, very good player, he is on the back nine of his career. Hope it works out for both teams. But long term I think Nashville won this trade.
    I agree. Unless I am missing something it seems like a real dumbass move.....

PK is not a warrior. He recently showed his limits. He will do a great first season with Nashville, and then will start to be more unpredictible. It was becoming too comfortable for him in Mtl. He's not the kind of guy who do is maximum for his team or his fans. He needs new challenges to give his best.

So it's a good trade. Not cause Weber is worth more than him, but cause it was the end of the story between him and Mtl.
    Find what you love, and let it kill you...

I hate this deal, also Subban beats Weber in every statistical category involving analytical metrics except goals so this makes absolutely no sense, it looks like Bergevin is clearing some cap space for some more moves, I personally do not think that he is done, stay tuned(July 1st).

Veteran of Misadventures
    Did Bergevin tell the kids at Montreal Children's Hospital about this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Did Bergevin tell the kids at Montreal Children's Hospital about this trade?
    Subban was and is still a generous guy among other qualities. I'm sure he didn't want to buy anything in giving a lot of money for the kids! But Bergevin is the boss and did the exchange for the team. Subban is just to much playing for himself and not enough for the team. IMHO but I may be wrong... Anyway a great player. But Shea Weber is also a great guy with a great leadership, appreciated by all his team mates. Subban was not so appreciated in the team room, it's not a secret for anybody.
    Some like it mild, I like it hot

For me it looks like Nashville took a business decision, Montreal a hockey one (at least for the first 3 years, after that, it may be a better trade for nashville because of the age difference).

Subban's flamboyance, and being a amazing black dude, will make him popular in music town. He will rock there and bring up hockey in this city.

Cheers,

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by jalimon View Post
    For me it looks like Nashville took a business decision, Montreal a hockey one (at least for the first 3 years, after that, it may be a better trade for nashville because of the age difference).
    It's the other way around. Mtl saved tons of money. First, they save $1.2 million in cap money. And then the salary. Webber had signed a front-loaded contract where a large part of the contract was to be paid early on. He's already pocketed about $50 million of the contract.

Signing PK at a cap-hit of $9 million was unrealistic. The next-highest paid rearguard is Webber at $7.8 million. Way too much of a gap between 1st and 2nd.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    I hate this deal, also Subban beats Weber in every statistical category involving analytical metrics except goals so this makes absolutely no sense, it looks like Bergevin is clearing some cap space for some more moves, I personally do not think that he is done, stay tuned(July 1st).
    Subban's ego,was way too bg for this team. The habs did save money, but now they're stuck with Webber for another 10 years and i doubt very much he'll last the lenght of his contract since he's already started to decline. Playing that many minutes and that many games while playing in the western conference takes its toll on the body.

Veteran of Misadventures
    The ESPN hockey expert essentially felt that the Predators got the best of the deal. He said Weber is a heavy hitting player who will start breaking down. He also said that Subban's skill set meshes perfectly with the way the Predators defensemen corps plays. He also said the Predators' group of defensemen is "top 2 or 3" in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It's the other way around. Mtl saved tons of money. First, they save $1.2 million in cap money. And then the salary. Webber had signed a front-loaded contract where a large part of the contract was to be paid early on. He's already pocketed about $50 million of the contract.

Signing PK at a cap-hit of $9 million was unrealistic. The next-highest paid rearguard is Webber at $7.8 million. Way too much of a gap between 1st and 2nd.
    Totally agree with you on salary. My answer was more based on if I was the owner of the Nashville team. Yes PK will cost more, but I think he will bring more ppl to the arena, and generaly will get hockey more popular in Nashville, which could only benefit, business wise, the owner of that team.

And my problem with the trade is that weber will be 31 in a month, Subban just turned 27! That is 4 year difference. 4 year is a lot in hockey, don't you think Nashville got the best deal here?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast