2 8.00%
  • undecided

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosby vs Ovechkin

Crosby vs Ovechkin

By the 1st period alone it shows its going to be a great series

They both already have a goal each

Who would you choose with the 1st overall pick for your nhl franchise?

If other, please state your answer
    Stay thirsty my friends

Nadya of Nadya's VIPs SexyNadya's Avatar

I like homies !!!

Roberto Luongo Sweetie ! Cant have it any better !

Crosby all the way, Ovechkin is way to much maintenance.

1. Pavel Datsyuk 2. Luongo 3. Ovechkin

But if Nicklas Lidstrom was 10 years younger he'd be # 1 or # 2.

Ovechkin for me no doubt about it

He passes, he shoots, he scores and he hits!

He does it all

I'm rooting for the canucks but it looks like the hawks got to Luongo tonight

He's good but not starting a franchise with good
    Stay thirsty my friends

Original Dude
    I don't like saying that a russian is better than a canadian, but he is, i mean Crosby is a tremendous player, but was always overated since he got draft... Even Malkin is doing better than him since he came in the NHL. Ovechkin is the man right now in the NHL.

But start a franchise...i would go with a great goalie first, then look for forward after, and my pick would be Steve Mason as for top prospect. But i must admit right now the Capitals got a rare gem in Varlamov, he was good all the season game he played, and his great in playoff so far. Mason had to fights the Red Wings, one of the strongest team right now, so even if he choked in playoff, i would never throw the stone to him, can't say the forwards did the job either.

Quote Originally Posted by Halloween Mike
    I don't like saying that a russian is better than a canadian, but he is, i mean Crosby is a tremendous player, but was always overated since he got draft... Even Malkin is doing better than him since he came in the NHL. Ovechkin is the man right now in the NHL.

Who cares if Ovechkin is russian, you have to call a spade a spade and give

him his due
    Stay thirsty my friends

Crosby Overated? lol, are you kidding me? and why do you think Malkin is getting all those points? its the Crosby Factor at play, just like Gretzky/Kurri, Kurri would NEVER have been the player he was if he played elsewhere..... Crosby is FAR from Overated and i think his BEST years are ahead of him....... Ovechkin on the other hand is a one man wrecking crew.... right now he's the best of the best, bar none

But start a franchise...i would go with a great goalie first, then look for forward after, and my pick would be Steve Mason as for top prospect. But i must admit right now the Capitals got a rare gem in Varlamov, he was good all the season game he played, and his great in playoff so far. Mason had to fights the Red Wings, one of the strongest team right now, so even if he choked in playoff, i would never throw the stone to him, can't say the forwards did the job either.

Original Dude
    Bates : Yeah but there will always be people saying there canadian home boy is better than a foreign player, and even myself got to admit i wish Ovechkin never brake the records of Gretzky, as i would like these records to remain canadian...

Igna : Malkin showed his talent when Crosby was injure, and yeah certainly Crosby IS a great player, BUT people saw in him the next Gretzky or Lemieux, and got crazy. Got to remind you his average goal number by season is around 35. Yeah he got injure a couple times, but thats part of the game.

Greatness is measured by more than just goals scored, its all the intangibles he brings to his team, and to the game itself, including being an ambassador to the game, when kids today think of hockey, Sid the kids name is most likely one of the top names that come to their minds....... will he ever top or come close to Gretzkys best season, doubt it, but he is far from overated, he's one of the top 2-3 players in the NHL, and he's still a very very young guy, he is no where near being overated, period......

you gotta remember, Gretzky, Lemieux, and even Bobby Orr were in a league of their own......

Bates : Yeah but there will always be people saying there canadian home boy is better than a foreign player, and even myself got to admit i wish Ovechkin never brake the records of Gretzky, as i would like these records to remain canadian...

Igna : Malkin showed his talent when Crosby was injure, and yeah certainly Crosby IS a great player, BUT people saw in him the next Gretzky or Lemieux, and got crazy. Got to remind you his average goal number by season is around 35. Yeah he got injure a couple times, but thats part of the game.

THANK YOU BURKIE !!!

Beating Gretzky's records.

For those who think either of these guys will beat Gretzky's record, here are a few numbers.

In twenty NHL seasons, Gretzky averaged 121.5 points.

In a five year span covering seasons three to seven, Gretzky averaged 207.5 points per season.

So far after four NHL seasons, Crosby has averaged 99.25 points per season while playing in 290 games played and Ovechkin has averaged 105 points in 324 games.

Gretzky's personal best in one season:

Goals = 92*
    Assists = 163*
    Points = 215*

*All time NHL records

Crosby's personal best in one season:

Goals = 39
    Assists = 84
    Points = 120

Ovechkin's personal best in one season:

Goals = 65
    Assists = 54
    Points = 112

Bottom line, neither of these guys will ever come close.

I was a huge gretzky fan growing up

I could care less if a russian or a canadian has the record

Records are meants to be broken and if Ovechkin can do it, then props to him
    Stay thirsty my friends

Good points G1G but you have to also remember that the nhl then and the

nhl now are very different. Its not their lack of skill thats to blame why

they arent even close to gretzkys stats.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Original Dude
    Hockey is our pride, so i do care that the records remain canadian made...

As for G1G say, yes and no, i mean when you look at that of course its hard to top gretzky points, but he had messier and a whole lot of awesome player to score when he passed, nothing agaist Semin, Backstrom and such, but they are not in the same league as the old oilers where. Then as for Goal, we don't know, Ovechkin may play 25 season if he feel capable, and he could beat the goal record... Im not saying it will happen, but there is chance, even if they are low.

i doubt Ovie will make it to 20 seasons let alone 25 the way he throws his body around, in fact he's gonna have to change his style to remain a great great GREAT goal scorer over that same said period of time, with the abuse his body will continue to sustain with his style of play, he most likely will be injury prone as he gets older, he's still a very young man, but the way he goes all out putting his body on the line on every play is gonna shorten his career, most likely,...... but if he makes some adjustments, then he could go down as having one of the best careers offensively in NHL History

Hockey is our pride, so i do care that the records remain canadian made...

As for G1G say, yes and no, i mean when you look at that of course its hard to top gretzky points, but he had messier and a whole lot of awesome player to score when he passed, nothing agaist Semin, Backstrom and such, but they are not in the same league as the old oilers where. Then as for Goal, we don't know, Ovechkin may play 25 season if he feel capable, and he could beat the goal record... Im not saying it will happen, but there is chance, even if they are low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast