Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite 2 steamies and a frite place?

What's your favorite 2 steamies and a frite place?

La Belle Province would be too easy of a choice.

Valentine, Lafleur, and Decarie Hot Dog.....good stuff.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Decarie hot dog

I have yet to try Valentine

the last of the mohicans
    Chien chaud chez victor{victoire?**(on beaver hall)
    belle province....
    Last edited by Ricky bonds; 11-03-2010 at 08:31 PM.
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

Louis lunchenette a Sherbrooke. Si vous venez dans le coin ça vaut vraiment la peine d'arreter.

New Canada Hot Dogs on the corner of Beaubien and Des Érables.

The worst I have ever are probably those from the chain Black Dogs in Brazil. When they serve Hot dogs with chesse you know that there's a problem!

http://www.blackdog.com.br/cardapio.html
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

Louis' Lunchenette

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    Louis lunchenette a Sherbrooke. Si vous venez dans le coin ça vaut vraiment la peine d'arreter.
    Very true. Then you try their Hamburgers - Maxi Louis and they are even better. One of the few places that does fries,hot dogs and hamburgers really well
    LISA'S FRIEND

Rex Pizza in Verdun

Rex Pizza on Wellington in Verdun. Two steamies and a fries will set you back a big 3 bucks. The fries are cooked the proper way, in lard and you can't go wrong with anything at this place from their breakfast - two eggs with toast, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausages and baked beans will set you back about 7 bucks - to what I think are the best subs in town. Not too many places left where you can get a 14" fully loaded sub for around 8 bucks. This ain't health food, it's junk food the way it's supposed to be. And the pizza is pretty decent too. Try their Mozza Burger, it's not on the menu and you have to ask for it, a Michigan burger with Mozzarella cheese and a ton of fries.

The place has been open for around 40 years so they've got to be doing it right!
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Restaurant Roi D'Ontario.

But that's for my preferred toastie dogs (all-dressed). Though only the buns toasted, not the dog. They use a good amount of finely cut slaw, which was very unique for me when I first tried one. Fries are good too but not so consistent. A very local joint. Love it.

Lafleur all the way!

If a place is going to charge extra for a toasted dog, they should grill the weiner too. Otherwise it's not really a toastie.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

You guys are killing me bringing up all these old memories for me.
    I can't get a decent order of fries in Toronto.

I have always enjoyed Lafleurs.
    La Belle Province and all it's copycats have always been good as well, but I tend to lean toward Smoked Meat there.
    Decarie HotDog - another classic.
    Also have had my fair share from Victory on Beaver Hall.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the famous Montreal Pool Room on St. Laurent. Now there's some steamies!

Quote Originally Posted by eastender View Post
    Very true. Then you try their Hamburgers - Maxi Louis and they are even better. One of the few places that does fries,hot dogs and hamburgers really well

I have heard alot about this place and curious in trying it when im in the area

Montreal Pool Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way

Though I am hesitant and fearful to say that since they have moved I question if there has been a decrease in quality.... don't go often enough to form a consistent new opinion.

post master

hot dogs...........

decarie hot dog , victory hot dog , are great, but I think the best these days is the big hot dogs they sell at Costco. They are very hard to beat!!

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by vtguy View Post
    Restaurant Roi D'Ontario.

But that's for my preferred toastie dogs (all-dressed). Though only the buns toasted, not the dog. They use a good amount of finely cut slaw, which was very unique for me when I first tried one. Fries are good too but not so consistent. A very local joint. Love it.
    Not Beansie's Bus?
    The mounties always get their man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast