Thread: anyone have a good credit card rate? which bank?

anyone have a good credit card rate? which bank?

Hi does anyone have a good credit card rate and if so with which bank?

background info :A while I had some debt like 5K with on my cards, I wanted a better interest rate, the bank laughed at me, so over the past 4 months I have been saying fuck this I am going to discipline myself, bring my balance to zero as step 1.......mission accomplished.

Now ,step 2, find a better rate and tell rbc to fuck itself. Please give good suggestions and tips thanks!!!!!!!

Banks and credit card companies take pleasure in screwing you with their rates. You have to fight back.

If you have a good credit rating, there are many deals out there for you:

a) MBNA has a promotion offering a balance transfer rate of 1.99% for about 8 or 10 months. MBNA has a gold card with zero annual fee... just don't carry a balance.

b) ScotiaBank always has promotions... but you need a good credit rating to take advantage.

c) get the Momentum Visa from ScotiaBank. $39 annual fee, 1% cash back on all purchases, and 2% for all pre-authorized payments (your Bell bill, internet, cell phone, newspaper, Videotron etc) and 2 % on all gasoline purchases, grocery, pharmacy....

The only way to fight back is to cultivate a good credit rating and take advantage of the best rates....

Good luck

Avoid the National Bank (Banque Nationale). When last I looked, not only were their rates as bad as the rest, but in addition they sent me spam snail mail and even telephoned me for sell me insurance. I cancelled my card and had to threaten to report them before they stopped bothering me with their wonderful offers.

All of these option are valid, but do me no good as their rate or post introductory rates are all 19.99% . That is too much .
    WTF! isn't ther anyone here who pays less than that19.99% on their card?

Easy web search !

No frills credit cards

RBC Visa Classic Low Rate
    Rate 11.9%
    Annual Fee $20
    http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/index.html

CIBC Select Visa Card
    Rate 11.9%
    Annual Fee $29
    https://www.cibc.com/ca/visa/select-visa-card.html

As previously mentionned, even with low rate its better not to carry a balance
    Do it for pleasure, do it for exaltation, do it
    Justforfun

Thanks bro, I searched around some banks' website, I only got 19.99%, maybe I was not lookign hard enough, my bad! I will try to get a better rate.