The porn dude
Montreal Escorts

Nice la Presse Article on XO this morning

Georgy07

Active Member
Sep 17, 2011
148
168
43
And good agencies exist. I don’t feel like you understand very well what people here are trying to explain. Massage parlours aren’t better than agencies, they’re basically all the same.

Bad agencies exist, bad massage parlours exist, bad indies exist. I also don’t consider someone being pimped to be an independent worker, she’s very much dependent of her pimp
Have you ever tought of running your own agency maybe? Maybe an agency that is run by an escort would be more ethical.. I dont know...
 
  • Like
Reactions: CLOUD 500

Georgy07

Active Member
Sep 17, 2011
148
168
43
No. I just do not agree with it. In the same sense all companies hiring people making them work more and more for less money while CEOs and managers keep on stuffing more money into their pockets can be considered exploitation in the way you defined it. The corporations has the power. Same kind of thing happening at Amazones. We can agree to disagree.
Seems like a debate about power dynamics under capitalism
 

CLOUD 500

Well-Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
8,576
6,537
113
Man at this point Cloud 500, just contact XO’s former owners and offer them to pay for their legal fees. They can do no wrong in your eyes, you’ve proved this on a couple of pages at this point.

Despite the testimonies, news article and information from fellow clients
I never said that. I am just reading a lot of bias here.
 

CLOUD 500

Well-Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
8,576
6,537
113
Seems like a debate about power dynamics under capitalism
Precisely. Escorting is 100% Capitalistic also. The agencies are not charities, they are there to make money. It is what it is.
 

arrowdec

Active Member
Jun 25, 2018
114
84
28
I had heard from some SP I know that police have been cracking down lately. Guess this may have been the cause.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Georgy07

EagerBeaver

Veteran of Misadventures
Jul 11, 2003
22,206
4,762
113
U.S.A.
Visit site
Man at this point Cloud 500, just contact XO’s former owners and offer them to pay for their legal fees.
LOL. Maybe a GoFundMe Page has been started? On this point I need to go to bat for XO's attorneys. We/they need to be paid whether the clients is/are a guilty piece of shit or an innocent victim of a set up. Justice is not free! I do not know what will happen in Court, but I hope the XO attorneys are paid, just as I hope I get paid for the tax appeals I argued yesterday. Sending my love to my Montreal JD brothers.
 
Last edited:

LC18

Supporting Member
Sep 8, 2020
4,714
13,431
113
Have you ever tought of running your own agency maybe? Maybe an agency that is run by an escort would be more ethical.. I dont know...

I have no interest in that, I am leaving this industry but I think an agency built on communism instead of capitalist values would be more fair to the providers. Everyone’s an equal partner, we all share the costs of marketing, rent, phone etc.

That implies that a $280 hourly rate would probably not be viable
 

CLOUD 500

Well-Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
8,576
6,537
113
I have no interest in that, I am leaving this industry but I think an agency built on communism instead of capitalist values would be more fair to the providers. Everyone’s an equal partner, we all share the costs of marketing, rent, phone etc.

That implies that a $280 hourly rate would probably not be viable
Communist countries are 100% against girls selling sexual services. This makes absolutely no sense. Selling sexual services is as pure Capitalistic as it can get.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jmioffe

hob12

Well-Known Member
Jun 25, 2023
487
964
93
What I find a bit ironical is that some of our indies have a discourse towards agencies and the girls that work there that is somewhat similar to the discourse that some abolitionists have towards prostitution in general. Agency girls are basically all victims and its unethical to do buisiness with agencies. Alright.

Fyi, a lot of people think paying for sex is unethical and immoral, period.
 

CLOUD 500

Well-Known Member
Jan 10, 2005
8,576
6,537
113
What I find a bit ironical is that some of our indies have a discourse towards agencies and the girls that work there that is somewhat similar to the discourse that some abolitionists have towards prostitution in general. Agency girls are basically all victims and its unethical to do buisiness with agencies. Alright.
You are spot on in this. They are clearly biased.
 

EagerBeaver

Veteran of Misadventures
Jul 11, 2003
22,206
4,762
113
U.S.A.
Visit site
What I find a bit ironical is that some of our indies have a discourse towards agencies and the girls that work there that is somewhat similar to the discourse that some abolitionists have towards prostitution in general. Agency girls are basically all victims and its unethical to do buisiness with agencies. Alright.

Fyi, a lot of people think paying for sex is unethical and immoral, period.
Hob12, without wading too much into this point I agree with you. I have always felt uncomfortable with the indies posting on agency girls and their "plight" because they have an obvious financial incentive in doing so. But the irony you mention is true. It's sort of making the argument for abolition of sex work. I suppose the response to that would be, "abolition not needed if all sex workers are Indy." A lot of sex workers, however, need structure and hands on management. They can't really function independently. So agencies do have their place. We just expect them to behave well, and are disappointed when, allegedly, they haven't behaved well.
 

josie1987

Active Member
Mar 8, 2015
211
103
43
I understand from what you are saying that you do not know what's a power dynamic, what's abuse and exploitation.
What I find a bit ironical is that some of our indies have a discourse towards agencies and the girls that work there that is somewhat similar to the discourse that some abolitionists have towards prostitution in general. Agency girls are basically all victims and its unethical to do buisiness with agencies. Alright.

Fyi, a lot of people think paying for sex is unethical and immoral, period.
Exactly. Per Maria Mourani, all sex workers are victims of Men. There is no ethical or independent sex work.

Here is a quote in French:

"Des documentaires biaisés, des projets de recherche orientés, des entrevues avec des sexologues voulant importer des façons de faire discutables et j’en passe.

On veut nous faire croire qu’il y a une bonne prostitution et une mauvaise.

Ces propagandistes utilisent alors des termes aseptisés, nettoyés de leur laideur intrinsèque, pour vous faire gober la pilule.

Qu’on se le dise: la prostitution est un viol tarifé. Le consentement n’est jamais libre. Il est vicié par les traumatismes et l’argent.

On aura beau lui donner un habillage clinique pour se donner bonne conscience, cela ne changera rien à sa nature.

Et, un consentement obtenu dans une relation marchande et asymétrique n’est jamais neutre."
 

Georgy07

Active Member
Sep 17, 2011
148
168
43
I have no interest in that, I am leaving this industry but I think an agency built on communism instead of capitalist values would be more fair to the providers. Everyone’s an equal partner, we all share the costs of marketing, rent, phone etc.

That implies that a $280 hourly rate would probably not be viable
What would be an "ethical price" for someone's services?
 

hob12

Well-Known Member
Jun 25, 2023
487
964
93
A lot of professionals who went to university and have to pay licensing fees and income taxes charge around or less than that in many cases.
 

LC18

Supporting Member
Sep 8, 2020
4,714
13,431
113
I don’t know who said providers working in agencies are all victims but it wasn’t me. Like I said many times, there are good agencies. I have friends working in good ones in Toronto.

Some agencies, especially in Montreal are very exploitative. Yes, in those cases, providers working there could be victims


Side topic, I know a lot of providers living in Montreal that simply refuse to work here because they don’t like the clientele. No, that has nothing to do with money but just in the general attitude

In the 10+ years I’ve been working, I’ve often heard providers calling Montreal a boot camp “if you can survive working in Montreal, you can work anywhere”
 

LC18

Supporting Member
Sep 8, 2020
4,714
13,431
113
A lot of professionals who went to university and have to pay licensing fees and income taxes charge around or less than that in many cases.

Mais genre mec! Pourquoi tu ramènes tout le temps d’autres professions. Do you not realize it has absolutely no correlation.

Si tu peux garder tes vêtements et ne pas avoir à coucher avec des inconnus qui se battent avec toi pour ne pas se doucher, bien sûr que les prix sont différents. Je ne pense pas que ça soit difficile de comprendre que les escortes chargent ce qui les rendent confortable pour la tâche à effectuer
 

Lunaseraphim

Of the moon
Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2024
3,464
11,817
113
33
Montréal
www.lunasparx.com
What I find a bit ironical is that some of our indies have a discourse towards agencies and the girls that work there that is somewhat similar to the discourse that some abolitionists have towards prostitution in general. Agency girls are basically all victims and its unethical to do buisiness with agencies. Alright.

Fyi, a lot of people think paying for sex is unethical and immoral, period.
No, it is not the same.

A lot of people who are for decriminalization of prostitution want sex workers to have rights and don't want us to be exploited and in danger. We never said ''agency girls are nothing but victims'', most of us have worked for spas and agencies and we never said it was unethical to do business with agencies, you are just choosing to read things in an overly simplistic way. We can denounce poor working conditions of certain workers and exploitation, or talk about abusive client behavior, without wanting to abolish prostitution.

There is a difference between being anti sex work, and being realistic about the industry. Personally I understand why girls choose to work for agencies, they have good marketing and they know they will have clients. Things aren't black or white tho, everything isn't just ''IT'S WRONG'' or ''IT'S AMAZING'', there are shades of gray in everything, including the sex industry. The more vulnerable you are and the more it's obvious you need money, the more you are likely to be targeted by predators and exploited. Saying that doesn't mean we agree with radfem abolitionists, it's just the truth.

Not everyone can be indy or at least not right away, and a lot of the issues we face, particularly the most marginalized workers, is because of the law that criminalizes clients and prevents providers from working together and having rights and support. For instance, because clients are criminalized, it's a lot harder to be independent since clients are afraid of the police, and everything is pushed underground. A girl who hosts from home could lose her housing if her landlords find out that she has clients over too. The fact that we are marginalized workers gives these employers a lot of power. We just want girls who enter the industry and work for agencies and spas to have good experiences, that's all. The business model that is held by some agencies and some MPs do not make it sustainable for the workers.

A lot of people who join this industry are in a bad place financially and can't afford to rent an incall or to brand themselves a certain way. Does this mean they are not making a choice by entering this industry? Absolutely not. That isn't the same as being groomed or trafficked. But I think it's sticking your head in the sand to ignore that these women are not vulnerable to falling into certtain traps.

None of us said all agencies are bad. I also have friends in Toronto who work for agencies and love their work place. I also know people who have worked for spas and really love it. We also didn't say that clients who go to agencies are inherently shitty. It's annoying that we can't have nuanced conversations here.

We are NOT talking about ''the ethics of paying for sex'' here! We are talking about abusive working environments! This is an entirely different subject!
 
Last edited: