Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball offseason, let's get ready for 2014.

Baseball offseason, let's get ready for 2014.

Now that the baseball season is over, I mean, let's be realistic, nobody watches baseball outside of the fans of the teams in the playoffs and playoff ratings go down the tubes when the Yankees are not in it.

Interesting conversation I heard today between Alex Anthopoulos and Buck Martinez during the game.

Martinez- Masahiro Tanaka will be one of the most sought after players in the free agent market, will the Blue Jays go after him.

Anthopoulos - Masahiro Tanaka is certainly a player that we the Blue Jays are interested in.

For those of you who don't know who this pitcher is, he has absolutely filthy stuff, all of the North American scouts are in love with him.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62124048/

1- Dickey
    2- Buehrle
    3- Tanaka
    4- Morrow
    5- Drabek?

This rotation looks absolutely filthy, already I am starting to get excited for the 2014 version of the Blue Jays.

LA over anyone from the American League..... anyways, you are correct about the ratings will suck with the Empire not in it, NHL opens tomorrow night tho

Veteran of Misadventures
    Regarding Tanaka, I found this on him and there seems to be some questions as to how he suddenly became so good:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62124048/

Elsewhere, I read his one major weakness is that he is terrible at holding runners on, and runners who do reach base against him (not too many this year) can have a stealfest on the guy.

Talk is heating up about the Blue Jays and Japanese sensation Tanaka, this will be absolutely fantastic for baseball in Canada if they can pull this one off.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...itcher-tanaka/

Tanaka to the Blue Jays talk heating up, if the Blue Jays sign this guy I expect them to be playing baseball at this time next year.

http://www.bluejayhunter.com/2013/09...ro-tanaka.html

Interesting Joe

Who are the likely suitors for this guy ?

Just wondering, but a large Japanese population in the area will definitely be a factor in his decision

Too bad my Mets have no cash...

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

According to the New York Post's George A. King III the Yankees will be serious bidders along with the Red Sox, Rangers and Dodgers, I personally hope that the Blue Jays sign him, he will do wonders for the city and for baseball in Canada.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/10/yankees...anese-pitcher/

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Book claims A-Rod ordered prostitutes two at a time

by Anthony Vasquez-Peddie

Haven’t heard enough drivel about Alex Rodriguez ? Well, get ready for more.

According to a book to be released in March, the New York Yankees third baseman enjoyed the company of prostitutes. So much, in fact, that he often hired them in pairs.

His antics apparently went on while he was dating Cameron Diaz.

The upcoming House of Outrageous Fortune, written by Michael Gross, centres on New York’s luxurious 15 Central Park West. A-Rod rented a $30,000-a-month apartment out of the luxury condo building in 2010, becoming neighbours with Sting, Denzel Washington, Jeff Gordon and other powerful folk.

The New York Post’s Page Six got its hands on some juicy excerpts about A-Rod:

A building worker told Gross, “He got hookers all the time. Usually two at a time, two times a week. One time he had two go up, they came down and left, and 10 minutes later, Cameron Diaz walks in.”

“Fifteen (Central Park West) became A-Rod’s home plate,” Gross writes, where the $275 million man scored with Madonna and Kate Hudson, as well as Diaz. “But apparently they weren’t enough for A-Rod.”

Though a broker called Rodriguez “the best tenant” in the book, the 15CPW staff didn’t agree.

“He was a douche, an unfriendly narcissist,” another building worker said. “I hate the guy. He thought he was God.”

A-Rod’s spokesman Ron Berkowitz told Page Six “This is a further effort to fabricate scandal around Alex. The allegations concerning prostitutes are categorically false.”

Book claims A-Rod ordered hookers two at a time!!!

OMG!!!!!!! What kind of immoral animal is A-Rod anyways???? Not one, but two hookers at the same time!!! What a pervert!!!!! Kick him out of baseball!!!!!

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I heard that the Jays might be after White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham. Ervin Santana is also on their radar, but he'll cost a lot of $$.

I would take Ervin Santana in a heartbeat, anybody but Josh Johnson, thank god that the boring playoffs are over(Yawn), now the real excitement begins(free agency).

Retired veteran hobbyist
    The Jays have named Kevin Seitzer has their new batting coach. He recently was with the Royals.

As for Josh Johnson, i'm not sure what they're going to do. Considering the free agent crop is very thin at pitching, they might decide to take a chance on him for one more season at $14 million.

Yesterday they picked up the options on Casey Janssen, Adam Lind & Mark DeRosa. They didn't pick up the option on Muni Kawasaki, but there's a good chance they'll offer him a minor league contract since he's a crowd favorite and extremely popular among the players.

Joe T, do you think the Yankees will make a play for Jacoby Ellesbury?

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Joe T, do you think the Yankees will make a play for Jacoby Ellesbury?
    You're asking the man who already has Giancarlo Stanton, Mike Trout and Michael Wacha already fitted out for pinstripes????

The simple answer, Doc, is no. The Yankees have a million needs. They need three starting pitchers, some bullpen help, certainly a set-up guy for Robertson, a catcher, a second baseman, a shortstop, maybe even a third baseman depending on how A-Rod's appeal turns out. They have three outfielders, albeit a washed up one in right field. Their best player is their centerfielder, Gardner. Why would they go after Ellsbury? Boras reported yesterday that he's already heard from 11 teams. You can bet the Yankees aren't on that list.

If they're serious about staying under the $177 million threshold, they're payroll flexibility is limited.
    The mounties always get their man.

Ellesbury is a injury risk, 2 out of the last 4 years he has been injured, so I doubt that Cashman will go for him.

I am more excited about what the Blue Jays will do, John Gibbons has stated that the Blue Jays need to get younger and better, can you say TANAKA!!!!, or how about TANAKA and Santana, yikess!!!, it will be an interesting offseason.

The Yanks have picked up Jeter's $12M option for 2014!!! Hahahaha, they only overpaid him by about $11.9M.

Ellsbury will not resign with the Sox. There's a sure bet for you Joe.t!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Could Ellesbury wind up in Los Angeles? How about Robinson Cano?

Interesting off-season coming up!

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast