Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Official NHL Thread

2013/2014 Official NHL Thread

So another short summer is over as is preseason and all 30 teams are thinking about winning the Stanley Cup this time of year and all have a shot, theoretically speaking or maybe wishful thinking for about half the league. October means NHL baby and what better way to kickoff the season than Leafs vs. Habs tomorrow night at Le Centre Bell in gorgeous downtown Montreal

So post all things NHL and please respect others "opinions" in here at all times. NO PERSONAL INSULTING OF ANY KIND, no s**t disturbing and please use the correct spelling of all players and teams at all times. Some real simple rules to adhere to, right?....... RIGHT. Debate all you wish, just keep it clean and respectful.

I ask of the mods to enforce a ZERO TOLERANCE policy to the above rules however they see fit, whether a warning for the first offense or some time off in the penalty box, their call. If you cannot play by these simple rules, then do not post here and or take it to the free for all thread where anything but personal insults are pretty much fair game.

Good luck to all 30 teams, and especially 1

Thumbs up Something easy on the eyes to start the thread and new season

Good luck to all the teams

Especially my Rangers....

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

Hello everyone,

let me make it very simple; there is only one simple rule;

I will have 0 tolerance about insults, fights, pissing contest, ego war, name calling, name it! guide yourself accordingly and everything will be fine. If you want to post without any rules, there is the free for all thread.

M10

Merci Beaucoup M10 and to show everyone i can actually post something good about Les Canadiens:

In other news it seems George Parros has been cleared to play tomo night. Orr vs. Parros rematch?

Welcome Mitsou, this place needs more ladies in here to sexy it up a bit.

Btw, it is:

Go LEAFS Go!

3 wishes :
    1: get rid of Bettman ASAP
    2: bring back the Nordiques (just love to hate them)
    3: bring back the cup anywhere in Canada, even if its Toronto (hate them also)
    Play puck!

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    So post all things NHL and please respect others "opinions" in here at all times. NO PERSONAL INSULTING OF ANY KIND, no s**t disturbing and please use the correct spelling of all players and teams at all times. Some real simple rules to adhere to, right?....... RIGHT. Debate all you wish, just keep it clean and respectful.

I ask of the mods to enforce a ZERO TOLERANCE policy to the above rules however they see fit, whether a warning for the first offense or some time off in the penalty box, their call. If you cannot play by these simple rules, then do not post here and or take it to the free for all thread where anything but personal insults are pretty much fair game.
    Excellent ideas, and I assume they also apply to the thread starter.

1. He is hard to take sometimes but he has grown the game pretty well and he did allow the Jets a second chance so he does not hate Canada afterall.

2. I 100% agree, but not for the same reasons. I would love another excuse to go to that gorgeous city in the frigid winter. Only a girl or hockey could be that excuse.

3. Oui, it has been far too long since the great white north has had the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodDragon View Post
    3 wishes :
    1: get rid of Bettman ASAP
    2: bring back the Nordiques (just love to hate them)
    3: bring back the cup anywhere in Canada, even if its Toronto (hate them also)
    Play puck!

Oui, it has been far too long since the great white north has had the cup.
    Yes, it's been two decades since Montreal became the LAST Canadian team to win the Cup. Furthermore, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary are the only three Canadian teams to win the Cup since expansion, although Ottawa has also made the final round.

Canadian Stanley Cup winners post expansion:

Montreal 1993
    Edmonton 1990
    Calgary 1989
    Edmonton 1988
    Edmonton 1987
    Montreal 1986
    Edmonton 1985
    Edmonton 1984
    Montreal 1979
    Montreal 1978
    Montreal 1977
    Montreal 1976
    Montreal 1973
    Montreal 1971
    Montreal 1969
    Montreal 1968

Canadian- based teams have actually won the Cup 16 times in the 46 years since expansion, which is not bad. The problem is that they had won it 16 times in 26 years by 1993 and they have won it zero times in the last 20 years.

The 64 Million Dollar Man: Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Excellent term and cap hit for one of the top 2way point producers in the game today.

Nice job getting this done quickly by Dave Nonis and Leafs Nation Thanks You, also a big TY to Brian Burke for bringing Phil to Toronto in the first place.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433171

Veteran of Misadventures
    I saw Montreal is playing Toronto tonight, is this an exhibition game or for real?

Excellent term and cap hit for one of the top 2way point producers in the game today.

Nice job getting this done quickly by Dave Nonis and Leafs Nation Thanks You, also a big TY to Brian Burke for bringing Phil to Toronto in the first place.
    I disagree. I think it's a GREAT deal for Phil but a very poor one for Toronto. Too much money and too many years. I will post other observations in another hockey thread on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    Furthermore, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary are the only three Canadian teams to win the Cup since expansion, although Ottawa has also made the final round.
    Apologies to Canucks fans: I forgot to mention that Vancouver has also made the final round.

Toronto, Winnipeg, and Quebec are the Canadian teams that have never made the final round in the post-expansion era, although of those three only Toronto was in the League every year. Also, a case COULD be made for Quebec...since Quebec became Colorado, which won two Cups.

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast