Thread: Barber Shop Recommendations

Barber Shop Recommendations

Just looking for an old-fashioned real man's barber shop where there's a bunch of old guys in there talking about who-knows-what.

Downtown.

Thanks for any help.

Haven't been there myself yet, but Menick Barber Shop is supposed to be the place. It's not quite downtown though.

Read all about it here.
    Amantes sunt amentes.

If you know where the La Cite complexe is (near corner of Du Parc and Prince Arthur), in that little shopping center underneath, there was a great barber shop I would visit when I was in town, before McGill bought the Renaissance. Old guys, AND they would give you the old-fashioned shave too! It was at the very end of the shopping center, right near the entrance to the Renaissance, right past the La Cite apartment workout centre. Wish I could remember the name for you, sorry.
    Clark
    ------
    MOONEY: Sergeant, I swear! Flying! With a big red cape! And bright red boots as well! Then, quick as a wink - he was gone! Flew up in the air again, he did. Like a big blue bird!
    SERGEANT: Like a big blue bird....with bright red boots! Why don't you take the rest of the night off now, Mooney. Go back to Murphy's bar and finish what you plainly started. I'll be off myself in a bit and join ya there...

Veteran of Misadventures

Clean Shave?

Question: will the typical barber shop in Canada clean shave your head with a single straight edged razor blade? In the USA, this request is often refused, and I never could really understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Question: will the typical barber shop in Canada clean shave your head with a single straight edged razor blade? In the USA, this request is often refused, and I never could really understand why.
    Not sure about the typical shop, but I asked where I get my hair cut on Nun's Island and he said he would have no problems with doing a straight razor head shave.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.