Thread: Free online texting service

Free online texting service

Found this website that allows you to send text messages for free as long as you know the service provider of the cell number....ie fido, att etc.

So what is it ???

Quote Originally Posted by ops_com View Post
    So what is it ???
    Click the word "website".

I just played around with this some more...even though the number in your text message is a bunch of 1's and 0's...when the person you text'd sends you a reply, it goes to your email address that you provided.

Tried it for 2 different numbers and no message was sent to either.

I tried it when in orginal post went up and it worked great

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Tried it for 2 different numbers and no message was sent to either.
    did you try it for your own cell phone first? you have to know what providor the person has before you can use the free service

If you know the persons provider its better to go to their own providers website instead

It worked but Rogers asks me to join something before I get the message.

I assume that the person who receives the text still gets billed for it by their service provider?
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Im with Koodo, I get txts from the koodo website, free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    Im with Koodo, I get txts from the koodo website, free of charge
    Can you text anyone on any service or just those that have the same service providor as yours? Some like ATT only allow you to text another att person.

Maybe one of these days the agency's will be able to text their schedules to those interested from one of these websites....or a savy web designer will figure out the way to do it for them.
    Last edited by breadman; 08-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.