Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiznos and Taco Bell not so popular in Montreal.

Quiznos and Taco Bell not so popular in Montreal.

I have had Quiznos and Taco Bell before they came to Montreal and was eagerly waiting for them to set up shop here. Now a year later after both have arrived, they do not seem to be doing so well. My urges have disappeard to have Quiznos and Taco Bell. Once in a while it is OK though. What is you opinion.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Number 20, i don't have an opinion since i don't like either of them. However, i love KFC. I don't know why. There's something about KFC that keeps me going there. There is also Popeye chicken that is popular in Quebec. What are your opinions as to why i prefer KFC over Popeye?

DOC, it most probably goes back to your 'jeunesse'.

I bet you had a Colonel Sanders to put your pennys in and... more important... you had once in your life (at least) the pleasure to buy a full basket and just eat as much as you want from it.

KFC is like MCDonalds.
    Sometimes we trash about it and yet...we still go.

Kinda like Merb

As for the Quiznos and Taco Bell from this Thread ?
    Well both 'name of the business' doesn't invite me too much.
    Besides that... I'm not used to that food.

Although Quiznos is a lot like Subway...maybe it's the fact that Subway got me to eat more vegetables and quit MCDonalds and BK so... going back in eating subs with more meat and sauce doesn't fit in my little nuthead !

I don't even eat the chips anymore at Subway cuze I find it stupid to try and eat better and stuf urself after with chips and coke.

But it's like anything else...give it more time I guess.

One instant winner though is either you give away 'toys' and have a ballpark inside or you have cute 'strippers wanabe' dancing in an orange-white outfit. Even if your food is so so.

Quote Originally Posted by JH Fan View Post
    Although Quiznos is a lot like Subway...maybe it's the fact that Subway got me to eat more vegetables and quit MCDonalds and BK so... going back in eating subs with more meat and sauce doesn't fit in my little nuthead !

I don't even eat the chips anymore at Subway cuze I find it stupid to try and eat better and stuf urself after with chips and coke.
    You cant compare Subway with Quiznos. When you go eat to Quiznos you gonna eat much more calories (and salt) than going to Subway... the chips at subway is nothing to compare going eat at quiznos.

Compare thoses two:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-swiss-i120926
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...on-melt-i55995

Double of sodium and about 3 time more calories... you can play with the dressing etc but Quiznos will never be close to Subway.

All subways:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/subway...-nutrition-m65

All Quiznos:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/quizno...-nutrition-m55

Sorry to pop the bubble of people thinking they are getting healthy by eating Quiznos but even with subway theres a bunch of sub that are closer from McDonalds than 'an healthy meal'.

My 2 cents

Went to quiznos once, food was ok but found it pretty pricey

Dagwoods is my fav sandwhich shop

Never been to taco bell, never will

There is a Taco Bell in Montreal?

And a Popeye????
    Wow I am confused...

i would be VERY surprised is they put Taco Bells near colleges and nightclubs that they would not flourish,,,,,,, the place is a gold mine after people have been partying becasue its a very cheap place to eat, stays open usually till 3am (at least in the states they do on fri/sat nights) and students dont always have alot of extra $$$$$$$, plus, even tho i dont eat it much, it is pretty good for fast food

Quote Originally Posted by wilko26 View Post
    You cant compare Subway with Quiznos.

My 2 cents
    Hey Wilko.... Subway and Quiznos is what ? Subs ?

There's no Taco Bell or Popeye's in the downtown core, where most of the tourists are.

Quizno's is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by JH Fan View Post
    Hey Wilko.... Subway and Quiznos is what ? Subs ?
    On the health side is like comparing a Hyundai accent with any car over 25k... guess what? Both are cars... Since you said KFC is like McDonald I guess you can put Quiznos in that lot...

I don't think there's a Popeye's in Quebec yet. But when I am in the states Popeye's the best fried chicken I ever ate!
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I don't think there's a Popeye's in Quebec yet. But when I am in the states Popeye's the best fried chicken I ever ate!
    There used to be one in QC when i used to live there in the 80's. It's possible that it's no longer there. There is one along Yonge street in Toronto, close to the Eaton Center.

Now the big question:

Swiss Chalet or St-Hubert BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    There used to be one in QC when i used to live there in the 80's. It's possible that it's no longer there. There is one along Yonge street in Toronto, close to the Eaton Center.

Also one in Niagara Falls

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Now the big question:

Swiss Chalet or St-Hubert BBQ?

Don't think there's any Swiss Chalet here in Quebec either.

It's more like Au Coq vs St Hubert BBQ but I prefer Chalet BBQ.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Don't think there's any Swiss Chalet here in Quebec either.
    Sure there are. It's called 'Chalet Suisse'. Honest!

Swiss Chalet: only had it once, wasn't too memorable, imo

St Huberts: It's OK. I like how they give you the gravy. The meat is softer and tender.

Boston Market: The skin is crispier, though St. Huberts has better meat. Larger sides and corn bread.

Would like to see Five Guys and Chipotle in Montreal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast