Nothing much going on in Varadero. As one poster recommended, head down to Havana if you want action. I haven't personally participated in the 'action', but several friends have.
The only fun they had with women while in Varadero were with European women staying at the same resort they were staying at. Another one of my buddies also developped a short-lived romance with a female tourist from California. Too bad she turned out to be married.
I do not know the scene at Varadero, but I can give you the general scene in Cuba.
1) I suggest that you stay in Havana and not go out to the outlying areas that are mostly tourist traps
2) Bring back your maximum allotment of cigars ans cigarelos that you can afford. I believe that you are allowed 2 boxes plus one 24 loose cigars (open box) plus 200 cigarellos. (check the allotment at this time, it may have changed. Never buy cigars on the street as they might be made of garden weeds or factory floor sweepings with stlolen cigar bands from the factory. Buy the cigars at a government authorized cigar store, it will have government stickers and you will need the store reciept to get the cigars out of the country.
If you are a non smoker buy mild cigars (Monte Cristo NUMBER 4, OR NUMBER 2s. You will still enjoy them even if you do not smoke, and you will be quite polpular with your friends.
3) To be treated like a king, give the waitor/waitress $2 American at the start of the diner. This is the only tip they will be able to keep. The tip that you give(15%) at the end of the meal with your check is the property of Fidel Castro! (do the same for hotel staff and chamber maids ($2 per day) They will appreciate the money and will help make your stay much more enjoyable.
4) Go to Walmart before your start your trip and buy low priced clothing, shirts, shoes, pants ect. Give these items away to the locals when you leave Cuba. They will use or sell these items to help them out.
5) Do not be an ugly American Gringo and act like you are better than they are, if you do they might spit into your food or drink. (I would do the same if someone treated me bad) Wear a Canadian maple leaf and be an ambassador for Canada. (they like Canadians)
6) If you are looking for "Senior Eaters" a local will be invaluable in your quest. You might have young ladies smile at you, invite them over for a drink and diner, some of these girls will get friendly because they expect you to take them out for shopping.
Always give the young ladies something at the end of the evening (suggestion $50 American, U.S. money is king no .69 cent Canadian stuff please.
THE BEST WAY TO HAVE A DAMN GOOD BJ IS TO HANG AROUND THE FEW CLUBS THEY HAVE EARLY IN THE EVENING....9-11PM
THERE ARE MANY LOCAL CHICAS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO SCROUNGE UP A FEW BUCKS TO PAY THE COVER AT THE CLUBS. 10-20$ US SHOULD GET A QUICK BJ IN A LANE OR A BUSH !
ALSO IN DWNTWN VAR. AS SOON AS IT GETS DARK ...THERE ARE A FEW GUYS PROMOTING A FEW CHICAS...THEY ASK ABOUT 20-30$us for bj + a tip for the pimp!!!
DON'T GO FOR FS ! THEY USUALLY GET IN A CAB WITH YOU...DRIVE TO A STRANGERS HOUSE MAYBE 10-15 MIN AWAY...YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM TO RENT YOU THEIR ROOM THEN ANOTHER CAB BACK...BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'RE DOWN $100 US!
SINCE I HAVE A COLLECTION OF OVER 200 BOXES OF CUBAN CIGARS AND I VISIT AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS, HERE'S THE CIGAR SCOOP...
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MILD TO MED BODIED HABANOS:
H.UPPMAN,HOYO DE MONTEREY,BOLIVAR,PARTAGAS,GLORIA CUBANA,PUNCH ,SANCHO PANZA
FOR MED TO FULL BODIED:
COHIBA.MONTECRISTO,DIPLOMATICO,ROMEO ET JULIETA,TRINIDAD,ROBAINA,
SORRY MR CLINTON...BUT MONTECRISTO IS NOT A MILD CIGAR...MAYBE AFTER YOUR STINT WITH MONICA YOUR MONTECRISTOS BECAME STALE!!!
REM: A BJ IN THE BUSH IS BETTER THAN A FS IN A STRANGERS HOUSE!