The two players play for the Buffalo Sabres. There is no proof they are infected with the virus known as 'SARS', not Scars. It's just that one of them came into contact with someone who was, and whom i believe is now symptoms free.
Here is the article:
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Two Buffalo Sabres players who might have been exposed to a mysterious and potentially deadly respiratory illness aren't showing any symptoms and may return before the end of the season.
Defensemen Rhett Warrener and Brian Campbell, who did not travel with the team for its game at Carolina on Saturday, worked out together Sunday at the Sabres' arena, team spokesman Michael Gilbert said.
Warrener said Saturday that he and Campbell were feeling well.
"I'm OK. We're fine,'' Warrener said. "I think it's pretty slight exposure, so I'm not too worried.''
Health officials suggested Saturday that they remain isolated for 10 days, but the team lists the players as day-to-day. Gilbert didn't rule them out of the rest of the season.
The players had limited exposure to severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, after a female relative of Campbell's visited the room he shared with Warrener earlier in the week.
The relative, who was exposed to the virus at her job at an Ontario hospital, was hospitalized after showing symptoms Friday, health officials said.
SARS is a mysterious respiratory illness that has killed more than 50 people around the world. No deaths have been reported in the United States, where at least 50 suspected cases are being monitored by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Thank you for the correction Doc Holliday. I was in the states and cnn reported Toronto and Montreal are dealing with Sars. I am glad to read it is not a problem for Montreal. I will stay there until Sars is gone from Toronto.
There were fears this week that two patients at the Montreal General Hospital had contracted severe acute respiratory syndrome, but they proved unfounded, the Montreal Public Health Department says.
The possible SARS cases, identified yesterday and Wednesday, "weren't real cases. The patients didn't show the history or the symptoms of the syndrome," department spokesperson Blaise Lefebvre said yesterday.
He had no other details on the cases, he said.
So far, despite 31 people being identified with SARS in Canada and three deaths, there are no reported cases in Montreal.
The public-health emergency alert issued by Ontario this week, and a recommendation yesterday from the World Health Organization that all passengers boarding international flights at Toronto's Pearson airport be screened, are still no reason for Montrealers to panic or alter travel plans to Ontario, Montreal health authorities said.