View Poll Results: Which NHL team will win this year's Stanley Cup?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ottawa

14 21.54%
  • Buffalo

4 6.15%
  • New Jersey

10 15.38%
  • Calgary

3 4.62%
  • Detroit

8 12.31%
  • Dallas

0 0%
  • Carolina

6 9.23%
  • San Jose

5 7.69%
  • Montreal

11 16.92%
  • Other

4 6.15%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which NHL team will win the Stanley Cup?

Which NHL team will win the Stanley Cup?

NJ is tough to ignore but Buffalo is my pick. Solid all-around team, excellent goal-tenders with an emphasis on the plural.
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

proud infidel
    I willl surprise everyone by picking Tampa!

Somewhat of a long shot

I'll go with Calgary, big time tough defensemen - if they can come out of the west (will be tough to beat Detroit).
    Try everything in life at least once, except incest & maybe square dancing.

Almost A GOOD BOY

Montreal fan...

I'm a Montreal fan but my pick was on Ottawa.
    If Hacek is hot ... here they go ....
    If not ...here they golf...
    Spiky
    Last edited by spiky; 04-20-2006 at 05:47 PM.

San Jose
    Jumbo Joe finally realizes his full (post Bruin) potential
    "The beatings will continue... until morale improves"

2-2 in bans... loser...
    Let us know when you get a mind... loser..
    4 people voted Habs??? I'm surprised they can even log onto the internet....

Other category

FML picked TB but I wonder which teams were picked by the two people who voted for other.
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

I pick Ottawa, the most boring capital city in world, it will give the people of Ottawa something to talk about for the next 100 years.

The Devils

Marty Brodeur will win it all and then sleep with another of his in-laws.
    "I can picture every move that a man could make
    getting lost in her loving is your first mistake

Sometimes I think its a sin
    When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again"

Veteran of Misadventures
    Why are the Rangers not in this poll, and yet the Canadiens are????????????? The Rangers led their division most of the season, have the league MVP in Jagr, and are the hardest working team in the NHL. The Canadiens are clearly a one-and-done playoff series team, and they should not even be in this poll. This poll is a joke!
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 04-21-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Why are the Rangers not in this poll, and yet the Canadiens are????????????? The Rangers led their division most of the season, have the league MVP in Jagr, and are the hardest working team in the NHL. The Canadiens are clearly a one-and-done playoff series team, and they should not even be in this poll. This poll is a joke!
    I would assume the Canadiens are there because the Poll was created by a Canadiens fan...

Although I wouldn't bet next weeks pay check on it, I'm not so sure about the Canadiens "clearly" being a one-and-done playoff team. They have some talent and great hockey minds behind the bench. Playoffs are a funny thing, one team gets hot at the right time and you never know.

Never right off the Canadiens in the playoffs, they have this funny way of hanging around and pulling off the improbable... Just ask the Bruins.

Rangers have 1 big line and a hot goaltender and may surprise a few teams - BUT the hardest working team in the NHL??? I think not...

Didn't someone use that "hardest working team" stuff to describe the Yankees last year...
    Try everything in life at least once, except incest & maybe square dancing.

Choke job

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    The Rangers aren't in there because they don't deserve to be in there. True, they led their division most of the year but then lost it first to the Flyers on the last day of the season then ultimately to the Devils. So, in essence they choked their way to their playoffs. If the poll was set up as who's the biggest choke team heading into the playoffs then sure, the Rangers would be in there . As for why the Canadiens are in there, sure they're a long shot and don't have the talent this year to take the Cup but as Spin correctly stated, my heart's with them even though my head predicts Buffalo. Besides, the poll currently shows the Habs have garnered quite a few votes !

Thumbs up NYR - adding insult to injury

First, Jagr hurt himself in game 1 by making a lame attempt to lunge after a NJD player. Then in game 2, with a 5-3 advantage, NYR Ozolinsh knocked in a goal in his own net to help give NJD another goal. Uhh... any more doubts why NYR is not in this poll????

Thumbs down Fan Montreal Tem !!!

The Canadien win the cup !!!

As a longshot, I'll take Montreal. However, I think the team to beat is New Jersey. They were the best team in the NHL down the stretch with a perfect 10-0-0 record. Buffalo was also pretty good and second in the stretch. Montreal was 3rd in the stretch but I think they have a tough time against NJ in the second round.

As for the Rangers, the hardest working team in hockey, EB you have a true talent for exageration.They have some talented players, but they're basically a one man team- Jagr. More importantly, they were losing momentum down the stretch with a losing record of of 4-6-0, meanwhile NJ was beating every one in sight.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast