Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Macho Man Randy Savage dead at 58 ...

  1. #1
    Nadya of Nadya's VIPs SexyNadya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    7,839

    Post Macho Man Randy Savage dead at 58 ...

    On May 20, TMZ was the first to report that the professional wrestling icon, "Macho Man" Randy Savage had passed away at the age of 58. The report states that Savage was driving in his Jeep Wrangler with his wife, Lynn, when he had an apparent heart attack and crashed into a tree. He was pronounced dead at Largo Medical Center in Largo, Fla.

    The death of the Macho Man is truly sad for all fans of professional wrestling. My Twitter page exploded with reactions from friends of mine who had grown up watching the legend with me. The death of the man who paved the way for some of the most charismatic stars of today is one that the world of wrestling will have problems dealing with.

    Most non-wrestling fans will remember Savage as the spokesman for Slim-Jims. "Snap into a Slim-Jim—Ooh Yeah!" will forever be one of his most famous lines.

    I still remember to this day the first time I had any real care for Savage. It was Summerslam 1992, from Wembley Stadium in London, England. It was the first pay-per-view I ever watched and Savage was on the card, facing the Ultimate Warrior for the Intercontinental Championship. He didn't win the belt that night, but his match is one of the three most memorable from that card for me.

    Over the years, Savage has stayed away from the wrestling business, but the wrestling business wasn't staying away from him. Former TNA wrestling star, Jay Lethal, impersonated Savage for a long period. Lethal was known as "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. He wore a ring outfit, similar to that of Savage's, including the trademark hat. He even used his trademark phrases, including "Ooh Yeah."

    To me, it was the ultimate sign of respect for the man who had some of the greatest feuds in the history of the business with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and the Ultimate Warrior.

    In 2009, WWE released a DVD on the career of Savage and from what I heard; it was one of the most popular wrestling DVD releases in quite some time. The passing of the wrestling legend will certainly entice WWE to induct the former world champion into their Hall of Fame prior to next year's Wrestlemania. It's a shame he won't be around to see it happen.




  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At cleo's
    Posts
    603
    Further proof that pumping steroids into your body over a long period of time is bad for your health, many wrestlers die young.

  3. #3
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,827
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff jones View Post
    Further proof that pumping steroids into your body over a long period of time is bad for your health, many wrestlers die young.
    It's not just steroids. Professonial wrestling has been rampant with many of its wrestlers abusing prescription drugs over several decades. Same thing with illicit drugs. The body taking a continuous physical pounding over many years also doesn't help prolonging an individual's life. Wrestlers also suffer dozens & dozens of concussions over their professional careers.

  4. #4
    Sad to see another wrestling great pass far to early. RIP Macho!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It's not just steroids. Professonial wrestling has been rampant with many of its wrestlers abusing prescription drugs over several decades. Same thing with illicit drugs. The body taking a continuous physical pounding over many years also doesn't help prolonging an individual's life. Wrestlers also suffer dozens & dozens of concussions over their professional careers.
    Doc, concussions usually don't shorten your life span. They make you a bit slow lol... but unless you die from a bad concussion at the time of injury (like Boom Boom Mancini... the boxer) they won't kill you.. even later. The steroids though and other drugs used to grow these huge un-natural muscles are known to have heart and kidney damaging effects. Heart failure, premature heart attacks, kidney failure... Anyway, it also give small balls and impotence, so I'd rather pass on the steroids, thank you!!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It's not just steroids. Professonial wrestling has been rampant with many of its wrestlers abusing prescription drugs over several decades. Same thing with illicit drugs. The body taking a continuous physical pounding over many years also doesn't help prolonging an individual's life. Wrestlers also suffer dozens & dozens of concussions over their professional careers.
    Pro wrestling is fake. I doubt they get concussions or take as much of a pounding as you think. They do take lots of steriods. That is harmful. Football players and boxers receive much more physical punishment than professional wrestlers.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At cleo's
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Pro wrestling is fake. I doubt they get concussions or take as much of a pounding as you think. They do take lots of steriods. That is harmful. Football players and boxers receive much more physical punishment than professional wrestlers.
    Wrestling is fake with the outcome predetermined but make no mistake about it over the couse of time there body takes a severe beating.

  8. #8
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,827
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Pro wrestling is fake. I doubt they get concussions or take as much of a pounding as you think. They do take lots of steriods. That is harmful. Football players and boxers receive much more physical punishment than professional wrestlers.
    Tell this to the Hart family.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Tell this to the Hart family.
    Who is the Hart family?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyNadya View Post
    The report states that Savage was driving in his Jeep Wrangler with his wife, Lynn, when he had an apparent heart attack and crashed into a tree. He was pronounced dead at Largo Medical Center in Largo, Fla.






    I wonder if the Lynn in question is the famous Elizabeth, who was macho man's ''manager'' and if I'm not mistaking was his real-life girlfriend.

  11. #11
    Not a chance, she died several years ago of a overdose in the company of Lex Luger. (wrestler)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
    I wonder if the Lynn in question is the famous Elizabeth, who was macho man's ''manager'' and if I'm not mistaking was his real-life girlfriend.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Not a chance, she died several years ago of a overdose in the company of Lex Luger. (wrestler)
    Thanks for the info Igna69xxx, I was surprised to learn that she passed away! In the mid 80's I was at the Montreal forum for a wrestling gala and had the chance to see Macho Man Randy Savage fight. The beautifull Elizabeth was at ringside... memories...

    I remember when he climbeb up the third cable and flew in the air before falling on his opponent, hundreds of cameras flashed even if it was clearly printed NO CAMERAS on our tickets !

    What a show man !

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Who is the Hart family?
    1st link in google... since you know about wrestling being fake...

    Here's a guy who's talking about them... (I think)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77...676B9DFAB860AA

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by JH Fan View Post
    1st link in google... since you know about wrestling being fake...

    Here's a guy who's talking about them... (I think)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77...676B9DFAB860AA
    Typical Libtard response to a honest question. Should I expect anything different? Probably not.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Typical Libtard response to a honest question. Should I expect anything different? Probably not.
    No wonder Bush was re-elected.
    The Reps should have put Palin with McMahon as a team instead of Superfries.

    I'm sure they would get as many votes from Rednecks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •