Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone on here believe in god and the bible?

Does anyone on here believe in god and the bible?

Me personally, i believe in a higher power but not this god that the bible talk about. I think the bible is book that was written by men to control men all of the stories is fictional, all lies. What do you guys think.

Find me a religion that include and respect woman and I may adhere to it. Until then, I am an atheist.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by warikahill View Post
    Me personally, i believe in a higher power but not this god that the bible talk about. I think the bible is book that was written by men to control men all of the stories is fictional, all lies. What do you guys think.
    I am like you.
    I can't believe in a God that allows all the atrocities that occur in this world.
    All the innocents that die, especially the children.
    They can preach all they like that God works in mysterious ways. The mystery sucks.
    I believe that you should treat everybody the way you would like them to treat you.
    While religion in its true form does not or should not teach anything bad, each and everyone of them has been utilized by men for war and to slaughter each other.

In my opinion the Bible is a masterful work of fiction based on some historical facts.
    It was probably written by zealots high on magic mushrooms.

Once I figure out the meaning of life...I will know what type of God to believe in.
    Till then I`ll be agnostic.

I agree with Sam21 and would just like to add that nature rules with no emotion.
    Only humans hate and enjoy inflicting pain. The world would be better off if it was run by AI.

Original Dude
    Atheist

By logic once you die, you seize to exist You are no more, you're brain(what is besically you) is no more, so thats it. I wish there would be something but nop...

Just stories invented by men because they fear death and the end of existing...
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

I think to deny there's a God or state the absolute existence of is to make a claim you can never know.

The problem with any scripture is it tries to restrict the nature of a supreme being, most often for self-serving purposes, or it's an attempt to define what human beings are in the end incapable of defining.

For me I accept there is something. Denying there is relies so much on the arrogance in human nature.
    It's reported President-elect T-Rump has been skipping Intelligence meetings. Why would he change a lifelong habit now.

Simple answer, yes and yes. In this world people were happier when they not only believed but also practiced their religion. Living life by the 10 commandments isn't such a bad thing
    " You actually get to choose your friends, family.........well..."

"The power of your subconscious mind" is a book written by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It was written in the 60's but it's actuality.
    I do believe what's written in this book. If you have to read only one book in your life, it has to be this one.

Doggyluver, you really believe 6 billion people came from 2 person, you really believe that the earth is only 10,000 year old and do you really believe that men co-existed with dinosaurs.

Doggyluver, you really believe 6 billion people came from 2 person, .
    Mathematically that is not only possible but probable..... but obviously not in just 10,000 years.....more like a million years.

Cloudsurf, please explain.What the bible says there was adam and eve then they have cain and able, i think it was cain who killed able. so it then it was adam, cain and eve.i just dont buy that logic. Where did the other nationalities of people came from.

Atheist here. Too many things that a God could have done but did not for me to be a believer. Did not fall for the " God moves in mysterious ways " .
    I enjoy a glass of wine each day for it's health benifits. The other glasses are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.

Cloudsurf, please explain.What the bible says there was adam and eve then they have cain and able, i think it was cain who killed able. so it then it was adam, cain and eve.i just dont buy that logic. Where did the other nationalities of people came from.
    I`m not referring to what the bible says but to evolution.
    Too many parts of the bible are written like a fairy tale. Other parts are contradictory. Still others advocate slavery and murder.....so much for the Ten Commandments.

Atheist here, to which i'll add some nice Nine Inch Nails lyrics:

"God is dead/
    And no one cares/
    If there is a Hell/
    I'll see you there!"

I think religion is used far too much as some sort of passport to give you the right to hate others... to be nasty towards people that are different, while hiding behind a facade of "niceness"...
    On the other hand, if most of the people who are religious could keep their beliefs to themselves, I wouldn't have a problem with it: believe what you want, as long as you don't piss off others!

To answer the question: Hahahahahahahahaha!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast