Thread: Question for guys that fly in

Question for guys that fly in

How do you get to/from the hotel from the airport? The cab is getting way too expensive. I took la quebecoise bus thing from the airport last time, but I tried waiting for the bus to go back tot he airport and either it never came or I was waiting at the wrong spot and had to take a cab.

Cab $40 with tip - door to door...

L'Aerobus only picks up at certain spots in the city on its way to the airport.

These are the Sheraton, Marriott, Queen Elizabeth. Pick-ups at these locations are kind of sketchy though.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to go to the bus station at Berri-UQAM. L'Aerobus will usually depart from there on schedule.

If you have luggage, you could take a cab to the bus station for probably less than $10.
    Last edited by bond_james_bond; 04-23-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Hmm. Guess I'll take the aerobus from the airport and a cab back. Kinda risky when you have a flight to catch.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Cab is still $35 from the airport to the hotel. I usually give the driver $40. If the lineup is too long at the airport, i'll take a limousine for $15 more. I've stopped taking the bus since it moved away from the bus terminal near the Hilton/Queen Elizabeth. Took it twice at their newer location (Berri bus station), but it took me way too long to get to the airport. I just remembered i did take the bus when i stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain last summer since it stops there.

gameless,

as an experienced traveler, cab fare is pretty much on par with compared to other cities. Here are some prices that I pay in various cities from airport to downtown hotels:

Halifax: $55
    Toronto: $50 to 55
    St-John's NFLD $20 - 25
    New York, very variable: $30 to 60
    Atlanta: $40-50
    San Antonio TX: $25-30

As you see, Montreal rates are pretty standard across the board.

Lone Rider
    Bringing value to the merb community since 2003...

I always fly in

Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond
    L'Aerobus only picks up at certain spots in the city on its way to the airport.

These are the Sheraton, Marriott, Queen Elizabeth. Pick-ups at these locations are kind of sketchy though.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to go to the bus station at Berri-UQAM. L'Aerobus will usually depart from there on schedule.

If you have luggage, you could take a cab to the bus station for probably less than $10.
    I concur with this. But I take the aero bus to Berri UQAM and then buy a multi day metro pass. If you just have one roller bag or a small suitcase it's ususally not a problem. My usual hotel, Clarion suites on D'maisoneuve is only a few block walk from it's closest metro stop.
    If it flies, floats or fucks... It's cheaper to lease!