Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Successful people who were once in the Sex Trade

  1. #1

    Successful people who were once in the Sex Trade

    Hello!

    I was wondering if any of you know of sucessful people (I am not talking about celebrities ) who were once in the sex trade.

    I know I am more then a prostitute and that I have many many talents. I am also studying a very prestigious profession that I see myself loving. I am wondering if there were other people who have been in this buisness and have been successful in their other career without having the two entertwine, or this part of their past or present affect their credibility in their other profession.

    What about you men that see escorts, do you even wonder if this could affect your credibility as a professional? If so, what do you do about it?

    Thanks!
    Smile and the world will smile with you

  2. #2
    Do we have to eave this trade to have a successful career?
    Smile and the world will smile with you

  3. #3
    That is why I asked the question. It seems more acceptable for a man to do this then for a girl to do this, why?

    No matter what, I will become a professional and if ever this comes out one day, I will deal with it then.
    Smile and the world will smile with you

  4. #4
    I am sorry but if you are able to make a career of what you are studying and enjoy doing it then no one should pass judgment on you.

    Good Luck

  5. #5
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maria
    It seems more acceptable for a man to do this then for a girl to do this, why?
    Because we live in a puritanical society full of double-standars & hypocricies.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    6' under
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Because we live in a puritanical society full of double-standars & hypocricies.
    change the word 'society' to 'world'. the majority of the world operates under double-standards & hypocricies. why?... religion. all religions. moral judgements are bourne out of religious beliefs. end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by skater
    I am sorry but if you are able to make a career of what you are studying and enjoy doing it then no one should pass judgment on you.
    it would be great if the world operated judgement free. since it doesn't, well, you know the rest...
    Last edited by johnmbot; 10-03-2008 at 07:05 PM.

  7. #7
    The double standard has existed for ages. Catherine The Great presided over a golden age for the Russians, won several battles, vastly expanded their empire and yet she is remembered for sleeping around (half the Russian officers and leading European philosophers at the time, if you believe the tales). When a former pleasure slave, Shajjart El-Dur, rose to power in Egypt the other rulers demanded she take a husband and make him King, or be invaded. But the double standard works both ways, many SPs have very low opinions of clients in general, even the ones they had positive experiences with.

    I would assume that the chance of a successful career increases if the former SP moves away from the city she worked in. I can just imagine one of the school teachers Doc mentioned running into a past client who happens to be the father of one of her students. That would seem super-awkward. Speaking of which, I know an SP who changed the city she worked in because she got a booking request from her parent's neighbour. I guess that is unavoidable sometimes.
    Last edited by rollingstone; 10-03-2008 at 08:29 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maria
    That is why I asked the question. It seems more acceptable for a man to do this then for a girl to do this, why?

    No matter what, I will become a professional and if ever this comes out one day, I will deal with it then.
    I remember an Italian porn star member of the Italian parlement her name was La Cicciolina. I think she qualified as successful

  9. #9
    I can't speak for the escort side of things, but I have known a good number of dancers who have moved on to fine careers in various fields. To note a few examples: a couple in real estate, at lest three or four in nursing, one who became a psychologist, others who run their own businesses, one who is a photographer and to top the list...Lindalee Tracy - formerly known as Fonda Peters, one of Montreal's favorite dancers and feature strippers of her time - who became a successful writer and film maker and was one of the creators of the excellent CBC series 'The Border' before her untimely passing from cancer not too long ago.

    I don't think it really matters if someone worked in the sex industry or in McDo's, if you have the ability and the confidence to build a decent career there's no reason to let your sexual past hold you back.

    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  10. #10

    Smile Contributing

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maria
    Hello!

    I was wondering if any of you know of sucessful people (I am not talking about celebrities ) who were once in the sex trade.

    I know I am more then a prostitute and that I have many many talents. I am also studying a very prestigious profession that I see myself loving. I am wondering if there were other people who have been in this buisness and have been successful in their other career without having the two entertwine, or this part of their past or present affect their credibility in their other profession.

    What about you men that see escorts, do you even wonder if this could affect your credibility as a professional? If so, what do you do about it?

    Thanks!
    Miss Maria,

    If you were to change the phrasing of your question to "contributing members of society" then the issue changes focus.

    In certain careers a background in the sex trade may be beneficial. It comes down to how the individual applies various skills learned from previous experiences.

    This has to be balanced against choosing a career where the individual may be put in the public spotlight and elements from their past may be used against them.

    The biggest obstacle for anyone choosing a career is being able to handle the day to day routine. Schedules, deadlines, long term planning and other traits are not part of the sex trade scene. Another obstacle is that "networking" is not part of the equation when you are trying to combine education with employment in the sex trade.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  11. #11

    how about Heather Mills?

    I think she has tens of millions now.

  12. #12
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Because we live in a puritanical society full of double-standars & hypocricies.
    Hello Doc,

    I would surely not call the sexual double-standards "puritanical". The Puritans didn't approve of much other than work and prayer for either sex. But I agree that there is still a prevalent male chauvinism that condones or even praises male sexual excesses, while condemning that of women. It's a unique hypocrisy that it also exists here among frequent hobbyists.

    Cheers,

    Korbel
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbel
    Hello Doc,

    I would surely not call the sexual double-standards "puritanical". The Puritans didn't approve of much other than work and prayer for either sex. But I agree that there is still a prevalent male chauvinism that condones or even praises male sexual excesses, while condemning that of women. It's a unique hypocrisy that it also exists here among frequent hobbyists.

    Cheers,

    Korbel
    I will take this opportunity to share with you something that happened to me that troubled me a bit.

    I was chatting on msn with a person and the conversation came around god, the bible, and how prostitution is a sin.. I was trying to explain my point of view and say, I love what I do and I do it with respect of the others involved therefore, if ever there is a god, he will surely judge me as a good person who has done good things in her life (I am not just a prostitute and have been involved in helping people out for a long time).

    Anyhow, The person told me this:

    "If you were a prostitute and didn't like it, you would have a chance for forgiveness by god, but because you are one and you like it, you are already taking sides with the devil and can never be pardonned."

    I don't understand how doing something you like and which doesn't hurt anyone can be worse then feeling unhappy in a situation.

    Maria
    Smile and the world will smile with you

  14. #14
    I think you need thicker skin. You can't let people get to you like that.

    I have nothing but admiration for anyone who does a job, any job, and does it well. But if the discussion is about the morality of prostitution, its not an argument you will hear objective views about on MERB, and it can go on forever. The only thing that is important is how YOU feel about it.

  15. #15
    Thanks rollingstone,

    I dont believe in heaven or hell. I believe in the heaven or hell we create for each other. I believe in living your life with love and respect for yourself and others.

    What bothered me was that this person was very religious and very angry. He or she kept saying very mean things to me and I just didn't understand how the two could go together. I have never said mean things like this to anyone in my life and was clearly questionning who was closer to 'God', me, the loving person, or him-her, the judgemental person who is deliberately trying to hurt someone. If this person really cared for me not going to hell, they wouldn't talk to me in that way. I lived with a Catholic nun for a year and she believed she had to love and respect everyone equally because it is not her job to judge anyone. I have also dated a catholic Italian man who was so respectful of other people. I just thought that the basis of the christian religion was to love and respect others unconditionally.
    Smile and the world will smile with you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •