Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: All-time most hated teams

  1. #1

    All-time most hated teams

    Now here's an interesting subject.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....hated.teams2/

    Sorry for the Flyers and Leaf's fan... the Habs aren't in there

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JH Fan View Post
    Now here's an interesting subject.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....hated.teams2/

    Sorry for the Flyers and Leaf's fan... the Habs aren't in there
    Hockey is not very important in the eyes of Sports Illustrated, which is why only two hockey teams appear in a 25 team list. But give full credit to Michael Farber and SI for identifying the leafs as one of the most despised teams in all of sports - and that particular 2001-2002 squad was truly disgusting (even if they did far outperform the sad sack leafs of the last half decade). Really, the 25 all-time most hated teams should consist of 25 leaf teams from 25 different years. Let's be fair though: the leafs did have some good teams and classy players HALF A CENTURY AGO.

  3. #3
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Who cares.

  4. #4
    Most notably missing from the list besides the Habs are any Red Sox team.

    You would think with the throngs of loyal, up to date, well educated Yankees fans on the planet that at least one of the Sox teams would have been hated?!

    2004 comes to mind...oohhh, ouch...that one still stings a little.

    Have fun,

    Jman

  5. #5
    just like the Chicago Cubs still are, the sox were branded as lovable losers by most of the baseball world, until they finally broke a 86 year long drought to win a title, thanks to George Steinbrenner forcing them to compete. but hey, having the sox finally win was great for baseball, that i can admit, now if only the cubs can find a way, but dont hold your breath this year, the beast in the east has other plans and well frankly, the cubs suck.

    Hatred comes from jealousy, and that list is full of teams who were winners (save it cairo, i know the Leafs didnt win the cup that year but should of if not for......... nevermind, not gonna stoop to a sox fans level with excuses) people love to hate a winner or anyone on top (like i did when i read Doc's reviews of his fun in Montreal this week!, seem he was on "Top" alot!) poor ladies, ... just kidding Doc. i have heard from time to time from the ladies you treat em well.
    Last edited by lgna69xxx; 07-30-2010 at 02:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    (like i did when i read Doc's reviews of his fun in Montreal this week!, seem he was on "Top" alot!) poor ladies, ... just kidding Doc. i have heard from time to time from the ladies you treat em well.
    Indeed, i was 'on top' & 'behind them' a lot, but not once on the bottom. A first, i think.

    And yes indeed, i do treat them well, as i always do. I treat them like i expect to be treated....greatly.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Hatred comes from jealousy, and that list is full of teams who were winners (save it cairo, i know the Leafs didnt win the cup that year.
    The exception to your "jealousy" theory is the leafs, who as you quite correctly pointed out DIDN'T win the Cup that year (or any OTHER year since 67!). No one...and I mean NO ONE (!) is jealous of the freakin' leafs!

  8. #8
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    No one...and I mean NO ONE (!) is jealous of the freakin' leafs!
    But you MS CAIRO are indeed jealous of Leafs fans.

  9. #9
    least i remind you your scapegoat team the red wings took 42 years to win a cup, at least Leafs fans are passionate and dedicated to our team and are HERE.


    on the other hand, your REAL Team, the habs are making a nice streak of their own, what is it now 20 plus years? ... why do you always make a sports thread about the Leafs? i think we all know the R E A L answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    The exception to your "jealousy" theory is the leafs, who as you quite correctly pointed out DIDN'T win the Cup that year (or any OTHER year since 67!). No one...and I mean NO ONE (!) is jealous of the freakin' leafs!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Hatred comes from jealousy, and that list is full of teams who were winners
    Hatred comes from a team or its fan base having a "superior, we are entitled air or attitude"; it comes from in your face bullshit; it comes from lack of sportsmanship; it comes from lack of humility in winning...jealousy is an easy scapegoat answer and generally bullshit.

    There is winning...and there is winning with class, dignity and humility; there is being the best...and there is being the best with class, dignity and humility; there is passion...and there is passion with class, dignity and humility. I only need to point to Derek Jeter for an example you may understand - he can win with dignity and humility...recent personal decisions question his class, so I left that out...anyway, you get the picture. People don't need to be told you're the best...if you are you have earned it, they will see it and respect it. THAT is the difference between a winner and a hated team. THAT is why the Red Sox of Boston are not on a hated teams list...they did it with class, dignity and humility...as their fans do.

    Get some class Fido and spare us the snappy comeback. Your childish use of caps and non-caps is a blaring example of your lack of class and dignity. And please, spare us the tired PASSION excuse again. In a battle of wits, you are unarmed...
    Last edited by Jman47; 07-31-2010 at 04:53 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman47 View Post
    Hatred comes from a team or its fan base having a "superior, we are entitled air or attitude"; it comes from in your face bullshit; it comes from lack of sportsmanship; it comes from lack of humility in winning...jealousy is an easy scapegoat answer and generally bullshit.
    Well said!

    Interesting to see how just about everyone got the "warms and fuzzies" over most of the Canadian Winter Olympic athletes who excelled but still maintained their grace and humility.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    But you MS CAIRO are indeed jealous of Leafs fans.
    I thought you and your little buddy were over that little sexual confusion thing that you shared for so long.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    least i remind you your scapegoat team the red wings took 42 years to win a cup, at least Leafs fans are passionate and dedicated to our team and are HERE.


    on the other hand, your REAL Team, the habs are making a nice streak of their own, what is it now 20 plus years? ... why do you always make a sports thread about the Leafs? i think we all know the R E A L answer...
    1. Try to learn the meaning of the word "scapegoat" . A dictionary would be a good place to start.
    2. My "real" team is the Red Wings. Please stop your bullshit. For a year or two you've been making up this crap about the Habs being my team. If you want to write total bullshit, at least try for once to come up with some NEW total bullshit and not the same old crap that you've been spewing for years.
    3. If the Habs WERE "my" team - which they are not and never have been - I would be PROUD to say so, since their record - even their RECENT record - is a hell of a lot better than that of your shitty leafs.
    4. I didn't "make" a sports thread about the leafs. If you could read properly, you could see that JHFan started this thread and included a link to an article about the 25 most hated teams. You could then see that the leafs are one of those teams. But of course that's IF you could read.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman47 View Post

    Get some class Fido and spare me the snappy comeback. Your childish use of caps and non-caps is a blaring example of your lack of class. In a battle of wits, you are unarmed...
    Great response Jman! Not only very accurate, but Fido is the perfect name for a lapdog.

  15. #15
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,819
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo View Post
    I thought you and your little buddy were over that little sexual confusion thing that you shared for so long.
    I was just stating the facts, buddy. Just the facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •