Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you come up with your User Name?

Banlieues de Métropolis

How did you come up with your User Name?

I was always curious how so many of you came up with such unusual user names.
    Again, I will start.
    I had posted with my user name for a few years in the strip club newsgroup on USENET, before finding this board.
    I came up with that name originally from abbreviating "Clark Kent from New Jersey" LOL, because I identify with the Clark character more than the Superman character.
    Clark is a geek (or nerd), Superman is not. Plus I live in NJ, in the NYC suburbs.
    Since Metropolis was based on New York City (in the Reeve era Superman films), saying I live in the Metropolis Suburbs seemed appropriate...

Yeah this is another geek post, but hey? Who else would ask a question like this other then Clark?
    MOONEY: Sergeant, I swear! Flying! With a big red cape! And bright red boots as well! Then, quick as a wink - he was gone! Flew up in the air again, he did. Like a big blue bird!
    SERGEANT: Like a big blue bird....with bright red boots! Why don't you take the rest of the night off now, Mooney. Go back to Murphy's bar and finish what you plainly started. I'll be off myself in a bit and join ya there...

Smile Eastender

Not overly creative - born and living most of my life in the east end of Montreal.

Humonguous Member

Talking My User Name

At one point in my life, taking a leak, looking down...can't see my junk !

Seeing as how many people refer to the junk as Mr Happy . . .
    . . . I'm CantSeeMrHappy

It also helps with the ladies chatted through Merb - I'm not supersized but quite cuddly the male version of BBW ?

Do we need a new acronym? BHM?
    (Big Handsome Male)
    ...larger than ever
    ...but divorce had me lose weight...I can see the tip now!

wishing I was in Montreal
    Many online offer jokes & jibes regarding Star Trek and science fiction when the see my handle. They have been, and continue to be, wrong in their assumptions.

Voyager was "born" in 1994. I've been riding motorcycles since the 1970's, and at the time I was riding a Kawasaki Voyager touring bike, and it seemed a logical name...
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

I was simply trying to find something that would describe myself.
    Naughtylady seemed to fit the bill:
    Naughty for my sexy side, Lady because when I meet friend's mothers, it is an adjective that would come up often.

They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

Oh yes!
    Small town, Canada

Well because I am, of course!
    My body is like a temple... which I rent out to horny devils for private parties

I got my name from the movie Galdiator.

Before her untimely cliff-top accident, my late sister Eileen suggested it to me.

Did not think I'd write more than one message (I joined because I wanted to answer a question...)

I wanted to have something unique here and playful. I think it is successful at both - and now, well, we have JAWS and JAG to bother the crap out of y'all.

I was the 6th sucker on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover
    Before her untimely cliff-top accident, my late sister Eileen suggested it to me.

Man, you almost killed me with that post! I was eating lunch and just about choked to death when I read it. Great post.

As for my own handle...well I guess I had a drastic lack of imagination when I chose it. I remember trying a couple of other things but they were already taken so what the hell, I'm a computer technician and a guy so... Techman came into being. Since then I've tried to register the same handle on various other forums but it's rarely available so I guess it's not exactly a unique handle. Besides, I never gave it that much importance as I didn't think I would be around the board for very long. But now, more than 2000 posts later, there are times I wish I had chosen something a bit more interesting.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Do I need to explain?
    Shorter of breath...One day closer to death. Pink Floyd

It's an old Air force "call sign" ie: nickname. Readers digest version of a long long night of Margaritas and mexican food. Average was a pitcher and a half per person before dinner. I had the Nachos Grande, with the meat, cheese, beans, sour cream, guacamole, etc. Well I leaned to talk to the guy next to me put my elbow on the plate and ended up wearing them. As the laughter died down one of the more astute members at the table, said: "Wow man, you look like a Nacho." And like the beans, cheese, guacamole... the name stuck. So for the next 8 years more people knew me by Nacho than by my real name.
    If it flies, floats or fucks... It's cheaper to lease!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 6
    I was the 6th sucker on the list.
    Nope, you were the 5th. There has never been a Mod1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast