Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6

Veteran of Misadventures

iPhone 6

I have an iPhone 5 and am thinking of an upgrade to iPhone 6 or 6 plus. Anyone do this upgrade? Worth it?

I have been reading that the 6 bends easily, many issues already. I prefer Samsung android.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Original Dude
    So far i read on yahoo that apple was apologizing for problems with it.. maybe you should wait a bit...
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

Veteran of Misadventures
    I am at an apple store right now. The 6 is bigger than my 5 and the 6 plus is even bigger. I am just looking so far but interested in hearing from someone who actually went from the 5 to the 6. I like my iPhone 5 but it is 2 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    I have been reading that the 6 bends easily, many issues already. I prefer Samsung android.
    Bends easily? 9 confirmed cases of bending in over 15 million sold already. Hardly a big issue.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I went to the local AT&T store as well. They told me I am using 1.2 G data a month on a plan calling for 3. Gal told me if I cut data from 3 to 2 which is more than enough based on my usage history, I save $27 a month which offsets the $27 per month payment for the iPhone 6. Plus I trade in my iPhone 5 and get a $200 store gift certificate!!!!!! So they would actually pay me to buy a new phone!!!!

Veteran of Misadventures
    By the way my local AT&T store told me they are sold out and back ordered on both the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. The waiting list on back orders is 2 weeks for the 6 and 6 weeks on the 6 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I went to the local AT&T store as well. They told me I am using 1.2 G data a month on a plan calling for 3. Gal told me if I cut data from 3 to 2 which is more than enough based on my usage history, I save $27 a month which offsets the $27 per month payment for the iPhone 6. Plus I trade in my iPhone 5 and get a $200 store gift certificate!!!!!! So they would actually pay me to buy a new phone!!!!
    If you go the 6Plus route I'd suggest the 64GB model as opposed to the 16GB. 16GB in a phone doesn't last long at all!! 64GB 6 plus is $399. I pre-ordered one the first week they were on sale and it's scheduled to arrive on October 28.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Bends easily? 9 confirmed cases of bending in over 15 million sold already. Hardly a big issue.

Did some googling............... My error,

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/27/co...bit-overblown/

Still not as strong as Android though.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

That doesn't make any sense.

Android is an Operating system, ie software.

The iphone 6 bending is a bit of a red herring - for one it's the iphone 6 plus only and hardly any of those at that, not the iphone 6, and if you're bent (pun intended) to destroy your phone, you can do that with any one of them.

I just read this about the iphone 6 and 6 plus:
    Security agencies condemn use of encryption on iPhone 6
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle20819200/

For hobbyists like us that may come in very handy

I'm in the same boat as EB, had iPhone 5 for 2 years, at the end of my contract, and deciding whether to upgrade to the 6.

I don't think the 6 is a huge upgrade from the 5 (which has LTE and a still adequately fast processor) and there are a couple advantages to keeping the 5:
    1. Depending on your current plan, can save some $ by switching to a prepaid plan. For example, Cricket (owned by AT&T / same network) has an unlimited voice/text + 3GB plan for $45 per month
    2. AT&T will unlock your phone for free, allowing you to switch the SIM card when traveling outside the U.S.

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask the Merb community. Anyone have any recommendations for a prepaid plan to use when visiting Canada for a few days? I'm care a lot more about data than voice. I've read some people have had success with using the Virgin (Bell Canada) iPad plan on their iPhone, but not sure if this still works.

Quote Originally Posted by michael99 View Post
    Android is an Operating system, ie software.
    Sorry, meant Samsung galaxy. Not the kind of a person who ohhhhs and ahhhhs over a new phone, I still have the galaxy 2 and it does more than I ( and most people ) need. Not an apple fan.
    For electronics I oooh & ahhh over a superb TV picture with a killer surround system, eg: Nice Ultra HD Tv, McIntosch amps with Klipsch speaker system.

Did some googling............... My error,

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/27/co...bit-overblown/

Having been an Android user before Apple, I'd take Apples far superior, consistent operating system over Androids any way. I would probably never go back to Android after all the problems that piece of shit gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Having been an Android user before Apple, I'd take Apples far superior, consistent operating system over Androids any way. I would probably never go back to Android after all the problems that piece of shit gave me.
    Each has their own quirks, as I mentioned I still have my galaxy 2 and it has seen a lot of abuse and never had any issues.

ApplePay will be a game changer...
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

Fuck like someone's filming. Max Edge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast